2.10.2007

Ricky Bobby?

This is a poorly formed response to my older post on Ricky Bobby. Besides the fact that the movie site has stopped supporting the banner I used in that post, I have since actually seen the film. (This being many months later.)

Quite honestly, the movie was not as funny as I imagined it would be. At the same time, it was a lot better than I thought it would be. The exact reasons I can't really come up with at the moment, but personally I thought it was actually pretty original and different. The style of humor was a bit off from the mainstream, especially what you would expect from the likes of Will Farrel. If I spelled that correctly. Anyway its a bit worth a watch just because it does skewer the whole NASCAR thing fairly well and is different from all the other crappy comedy "cinema" lately.

No comments: